Can't remove highlight

Old October 15th 09, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

Default Can't remove highlight

Hello,

Are these suggestions you are providing for 97-2003? I'm using 2007 and
trying to highlight only the text in a numbered list and it highlights the
number also. Can you provide a solution for this?
Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you are on the Shading tab, make sure that you check the "Apply to"
settings. The shading may be applied to Text rather than Cell.

http://word.mvps.org

"Brandy" wrote in message
I'm seeing the same problem... It's in a table, and any text that is
entered
appears highlighted with yellow.

I've set "No Fill";
I've set "Shading" to "Clear";
Reveal Codes shows: Pattern: Clear (Yellow) - Clear
There doesn't appear to be any document Protection in effect.

The entire table (3col x 17rows) has the same attributes.

I also tried: "Table Properties" | "Borders & Shading" |

It's also set to:

Fill: No Fill
Pattern: Clear
Apply to: Table

"Cubbie_Gal" wrote:

I have same problem. Tried clearning the shading and the highlighting
and
neither works. My text still stays highlighted. When I "reveal
formatting"
under the font section is stays "Shading: Clear (Yellow)". So I'm
selecting
clear for shading but it's leaving it yellow anyway? I don't understand.
Does it have to do with the fact that it's a bulleted list? I'm just
baffled.

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

Old October 16th 09, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the paragraph mark is selected (which it will be, no matter how carefully
you try to avoid it), the number will be formatted. The only solution is to
select *just* the paragraph mark and remove the shading.

http://word.mvps.org

Old October 16th 09, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Josh Johnson

If you get really frustrated (as I did) you can select all, open a new
document, paste special, and remove formating. Voila!

Old April 2nd 15, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

I had a similar problem.
What I did was I copied a text from another cell that was not highlighted and pasted it on the highlighted cell. The new text pasted did not have any highlight so I can just modify the contents to match the previously highlighted text.

On Tuesday, 3 July 2007 19:56:01 UTC+8, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Old April 3rd 15, 07:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_]

Hi,

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word
document -

I had a similar problem.
What I did was I copied a text from another cell that was not highlighted
and pasted it on the highlighted cell.
The new text pasted did not have any highlight so I can just modify the
contents to match the previously highlighted text.

may be, the text is not "highlighted". Instead, a shadow has been applied
(Borders and Shading).

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Old February 19th 16, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 1:52:25 AM UTC-5, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi,

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word
document -

I had a similar problem.
What I did was I copied a text from another cell that was not highlighted
and pasted it on the highlighted cell.
The new text pasted did not have any highlight so I can just modify the
contents to match the previously highlighted text.

may be, the text is not "highlighted". Instead, a shadow has been applied
(Borders and Shading).

--
Cheers,
Lisa

old post, i know, but maybe it has to do with the text being highlighted due to having a comment? Look on the right to see if a comment has been linked to the highlighted text. If so, then the only way to remove the highlight is to "resolve" or delete the comment.

This was the case of my frustration until I relized it.

Old February 19th 16, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

[...]

This was the cause of my frustration until I relized it.

use
Old April 25th 16, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 11:56:01 PM UTC+12, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

what a crack up i just realised that there was a comment - it was a comment highlight combined with a colour too ... der