Can't remove highlight

Old May 10th 16, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default Can't remove highlight

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 6:56:01 AM UTC-5, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Old May 11th 16, 08:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Highlighting applied via the Highlighting tool on the Home tab can be
removed as follows: Select the whole document by pressing Ctrl+A and
then click the arrow on the Text Highlight Color button and choose the
"No Color."

To remove font and paragraph shading you can run the following macro:

Sub ClearAllShadingFromDoc()
'Macro created by Stefan Blom, MVP, January 2015

With ActiveDocument.Content.ParagraphFormat.Shading
.Texture = wdTextureNone
.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
End With

With ActiveDocument.Content.Font.Shading
.Texture = wdTextureNone
.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
End With
End Sub

For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old July 26th 16, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

I had the same problem. I deleted the conditional formatting and it fixed the problem.
Old January 7th 17, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 2:41:13 AM UTC-5, Stefan Blom wrote:
[...]

Finally, an easy solution!

I didn't even realize I had a light shading on until I got counted off on one of my papers. I realized it was a shading issue, but you cannot un-shade the entire document at one. Word forces you to highlight each shaded portion at a time. Any non-shaded characters or spaces that you highlight will prevent Word from removing the shading from the entire document if there are any breaks in it. This macro gets around that easily!
Old February 21st 17, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 7:56:01 AM UTC-4, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

reload the page
Old February 25th 17, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 2:56:01 PM UTC+3, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

you must have solved your problem by now, but for future troubled folks like i was, when you go to borders and shading, select clear fill, apply to text not to paragraph. it worked for me!
Old April 19th 17, 11:09 AM
BobMer BobMer is offline

Originally Posted by View Post
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 2:56:01 PM UTC+3, suroora wrote:[color=blue][i]

you must have solved your problem by now, but use this soon it's a bathmate for troubled folks like i was, when you go to borders and shading, select clear fill, apply to text not to paragraph. it worked for me!
This solution worked for me. Thank you very much!

Last edited by BobMer : November 16th 17 at 08:35 AM.
Old May 31st 17, 01:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

El viernes, 16 de octubre de 2009, 13:13:43 (UTC-5), Josh Johnson escribió:
If you get really frustrated (as I did) you can select all, open a new
document, paste special, and remove formating. Voila!

Finally an answer that worked!!
Old August 26th 17, 02:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 1:56:01 PM UTC+2, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

1) Select text
2) Click “Borders and Shading” menu and pick “Borders and Shading”
3) In “Borders and Shading”-window, pick “Shading”-tab
4) Pick Patterns: Style “Solid 100%”
5) Pick Patterns: Style “Clear”
6) In “Apply to”-menu – pick “text”
7) Click “OK”
Old August 28th 17, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 8:06:02 AM UTC-4, Lene Fredborg wrote:
Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try whether
you can remove the color via Format Borders and Shading Shading tab.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"suroora" wrote:

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

fixed it, thank you.