Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dotobojo dotobojo is offline

Default Cursor jumping to middle of page

After I type one line, my cursor then jumps to the middle of the paper. I
have no idea how this started or how to stop it. The only way I can start a
new document now without this happening is to open an earlier created
document, erase the contents and then resave as the new document. Please
advise.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

dotobojo wrote:
After I type one line, my cursor then jumps to the middle of the
paper. I have no idea how this started or how to stop it. The only
way I can start a new document now without this happening is to open
an earlier created document, erase the contents and then resave as
the new document. Please advise.

It may be that the empty paragraph in the new document is set to have a very
large Space After format, or the layout in Page Setup may have a vertical
alignment different from "Top". In either case, this is caused by having bad
formatting in the Normal.dot template.

For the paragraph formatting, open a new blank document and go to Format
Paragraph. If the Space Before or Space After boxes have anything other than
zero -- or at most 6 to 12 points -- you need to reduce them in Normal.dot.
For the alignment, go to File Page Setup Layout and look at the Vertical
Alignment box; if it's "Center" or "Justified", you need to change it to
"Top" in Normal.dot.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for
instructions.

--