Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cary Cary is offline

Default Save As file permission error in newly installed Word 2007

Horror of horrors but I'm still getting this offensive notice when I
close down a Word document: Word Cannot "Save As" Due To A File
Permission Error.

One of the reasons I upgraded to Word 2007 was because this error
message kept on popping up in Word 2003 and now it's back to haunt.

WindowsXP|SP2 on a notebook, not connected to a network.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cary Cary is offline

I wish this was the case but I uninstalled Norton AV 2006 some months
back and installed Windows Live OneCare in its place: and that's when
the problem occurred! (Gotta love MS :()

From what I have been able to glean from the various forums, there
could be a conflict between LiveOneCare and a system driver in my Acer
laptop: int15.sys But as to how to get around this problem is quite
another matter. (The problem has not popped up in other Office apps btw)

Thanks for your quick response.

Any other ideas? (Running winword /a seems to work okay but I haven't
tried this long enough)

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
This sort of message is often caused by a conflict with the Office Plug-in
in Norton AntiVirus, which can be disabled without compromising your
security.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Just necause you 'uninstalled' Norton AV, does not mean that its
OfficeAV.dll is not still present and active - particularly if you had an
office app. open when you uninstalled.

The virus scan message comes not from Word but from linked anti-virus
software. Checking of Word/Office documents can usually be deselected in the
AV program e.g. in Norton AV by turning off its Office Plug-in.

It may be necessary to unregister the calling DLL by running the following
command line from Windows Start Run

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"
or
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton
antivirus\officeav.dll"

Search your hard drive for the file and if present unregister it
(substituting its path for one of the above) before removing it.

Cary wrote:
I wish this was the case but I uninstalled Norton AV 2006 some months
back and installed Windows Live OneCare in its place: and that's when
the problem occurred! (Gotta love MS :()

From what I have been able to glean from the various forums, there

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
This sort of message is often caused by a conflict with the Office
Plug-in in Norton AntiVirus, which can be disabled without
compromising your security.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cary Cary is offline

Thanks fro your response.

I did a Google desktop search for officeav.dll and was amazed to see one
result pop up. However when I tried to open the designated folder I get
the following message:

The following file cannot be found:

C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus

This may happen if you deleted or moved the file

Ditto, when I search using the painfully slow WindowsXP search for
hidden files etc., I come up with zilch.

There is a folder on my system -- C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus --
which is empty?!

Hence running the regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton
antivirus\officeav.dll" results with a "specified module could not be found"

officeav.dll is there but it's not there?!

Could OneCare be the culprit?

Graham Mayor wrote:
Just necause you 'uninstalled' Norton AV, does not mean that its
OfficeAV.dll is not still present and active - particularly if you had an
office app. open when you uninstalled.

The virus scan message comes not from Word but from linked anti-virus
software. Checking of Word/Office documents can usually be deselected in the
AV program e.g. in Norton AV by turning off its Office Plug-in.

It may be necessary to unregister the calling DLL by running the following
command line from Windows Start Run

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"
or
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton
antivirus\officeav.dll"

Search your hard drive for the file and if present unregister it
(substituting its path for one of the above) before removing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

- If you search with Windows Explorer - with the options set to display
system and hidden files - does that find the file?

Graham Mayor wrote:
Just necause you 'uninstalled' Norton AV, does not mean that its
OfficeAV.dll is not still present and active - particularly if you
had an office app. open when you uninstalled.

The virus scan message comes not from Word but from linked anti-virus
software. Checking of Word/Office documents can usually be
deselected in the AV program e.g. in Norton AV by turning off its
Office Plug-in. It may be necessary to unregister the calling DLL by
running the
following command line from Windows Start Run

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"
or
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton
antivirus\officeav.dll"

Search your hard drive for the file and if present unregister it
(substituting its path for one of the above) before removing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cary Cary is offline

No such luck even with Explorer options set to display both system and
hidden files.

Could this be a registry problem?

I've read somewhere that disabling "Defender" in Live OneCare may be the
solution but I am unable to figure out how to do this. (I am using the
latest version of Live OneCare - 1.5)

Graham Mayor wrote:
- If you search with Windows Explorer - with the options set to display
system and hidden files - does that find the file?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I don't know anything about Live OneCare - why not ask in the appropriate
forum - http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/c...y/default.htm?