Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FlashMerlot FlashMerlot is offline

Default questions about DOT

Word XP - Can I create a custom DOT that loads automatically every time I
open Word, but does NOT alter NORMAL.DOT?

--
F.V.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

Yes. File New. Choose "General templates". Click the "Template" radio
button and OK to create the new file.

Save it in the Word Startup folder. That is the folder displayed at
Tools Options File Locations Startup.

The following might also be useful:
Running a macro automatically when Word starts or quits
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tionEvents.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"FlashMerlot" FlashSand (AT) gmail COM wrote in message
Word XP - Can I create a custom DOT that loads automatically every
time I
open Word, but does NOT alter NORMAL.DOT?

--
F.V.

Questions Questions - Cngo Microsoft Word Help 5 June 27th 06 05:40 PM
Few questions here camxaxle Microsoft Word Help 13 December 18th 05 11:43 PM
2 Questions Sarah Microsoft Word Help 1 December 7th 05 07:33 PM
Three questions...? Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft Word Help 11 July 4th 05 01:36 AM
2 questions Nospam New Users 2 May 27th 05 02:15 PM