Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
braithy5 braithy5 is offline

Default word 2002 removed / therefore i need to reinstall

Please help.

word was loaded on my pc when i opurchase the software about 5 years ago, it
has since been removed

I have the product key with the initial discs etc that came form the
manufacturer but dont know how i can down load it. i have searched the
install discs that came with the pc and cant fins the software anywhere on
these

any suggestions as to how to get the word 2002 program back on my pc will be
gratefully received
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Where are your CDs? You'll find your task a lot easier if you locate them.
Without them, it's going to cost you money if it can be done at all.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"braithy5" wrote in message
Please help.

word was loaded on my pc when i opurchase the software about 5 years ago,
it
has since been removed

I have the product key with the initial discs etc that came form the
manufacturer but dont know how i can down load it. i have searched the
install discs that came with the pc and cant fins the software anywhere on
these

any suggestions as to how to get the word 2002 program back on my pc will
be
gratefully received

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
braithy5 braithy5 is offline

i have the restore cds that came with my computer but i cant see that any of
them have word software on them

the computer came preloaded with word on it

any suggestions

"braithy5" wrote in message
Please help.

word was loaded on my pc when i opurchase the software about 5 years ago,
it
has since been removed

I have the product key with the initial discs etc that came form the
manufacturer but dont know how i can down load it. i have searched the
install discs that came with the pc and cant fins the software anywhere on
these

any suggestions as to how to get the word 2002 program back on my pc will
be
gratefully received

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

You will have to call your computer manufacturer to see if they have it
installed on a hidden partition. Microsoft will not/cannot help you replace
OEM software.

--

"braithy5" wrote in message
Please help.

word was loaded on my pc when i opurchase the software about 5 years
ago,
it
has since been removed

I have the product key with the initial discs etc that came form the
manufacturer but dont know how i can down load it. i have searched the
install discs that came with the pc and cant fins the software anywhere
on
these

any suggestions as to how to get the word 2002 program back on my pc
will
be
gratefully received

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
braithy5 braithy5 is offline

not even if i have the product code, ie license number that i paid for ?
surely if the computer i bought had the software on it, i bought the software
as well albeit through a third party, why cant microsoft download it if i can
prove i have the license?

"braithy5" wrote:

Please help.

word was loaded on my pc when i opurchase the software about 5 years ago, it
has since been removed

I have the product key with the initial discs etc that came form the
manufacturer but dont know how i can down load it. i have searched the
install discs that came with the pc and cant fins the software anywhere on
these

any suggestions as to how to get the word 2002 program back on my pc will be
gratefully received

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Because you didn't buy the software from Microsoft (through a retailer) but
from the computer manufacturer. It is the computer manufacturer who is
responsible for replacing lost CDs, providing support, etc.