Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb

Default fill in field in header

Hi...

I've done the following steps as per Suzanne's instructions, but have
another question.

1. Define a specific character style for the form field whose content you
want to replicate in the header. It doesn't have to look any different from
the rest of the text; it just has to have a name.

2. Apply this character style to your form field.

3. In the header, insert a StyleRef field to pick up this style. It will
update as you change the data in the field.

However, I'm using a dropdown box for the form field and have clicked 'calc
on exit', but it's not picking it up in the header of the 2nd page... What
am I missing?

Thanx...

Barb