Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charlie

Default How can I stop the Auto Correct function stopping mid-document

I use auto correct as a shorthand when typing.
Since getting Office 2003 Word i have experienced it ceasing to "translate"
my shorthand in mid-document, typically after I have returned to create a new
paragraph in a list.

Is this a glitch or something I can switch off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

You give far too little detail to really know what is happening, but in
general, AutoCorrect is a feature which is designed to work on an as-you-type
basis. It is primarily intended to correct common errors as you work & needs
to have some sort of ending to a text string to trigger it (such as a Space,
Enter, Tab, punctuation, etc.).

It sounds like you might do better to look at AutoText, instead... but I
can't be sure without knowing more about what you are trying to do.

HTH |:)