Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
katrina

Default using 97 files in windows xp

I have installed windows xp, transfered word 97 files as I want to keep using
them as in 97 as I hate word xp. Cannot do this they save to xp version
help!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Your question does not make any sense. Word documents are Word documents.
Are you saying that you have both Word 97 and a later version of Word eg
2002/3 on your PC? And that when you click a document it opens in Word
2002/3? This is an almost inevitable consequence of having the two versions
installed as they will fight for control of the registry. Open the Word
application and open the files from the file menu.
If your recent version of Word is the Word 2003 trial installed on many new
PCs, then uninstall it.