Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marvelous54

Default recover text

I was typing a series of papers I have due for a class. In order to save time
I was keeping the first one open to use its format. I would change the name
and then save as. After I had done this several times I forgot to "save as"
when I started and inadvertantly hit the save buton. Is there a way I can
recover the text from the original document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aldago

Don't know if this will work but you can SAVE ALL YOUR WORK OFF THE COMPUTER
to a flash or other drive and then do a system restore. You have to save off
the computer or you'll lose all your work since the restore point. Good luck!

"marvelous54" wrote:

I was typing a series of papers I have due for a class. In order to save time
I was keeping the first one open to use its format. I would change the name
and then save as. After I had done this several times I forgot to "save as"
when I started and inadvertantly hit the save buton. Is there a way I can
recover the text from the original document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It won't work. System restore does not affect data files.

If you don't have the backup option set in tools options, the file is
lost.
Next time, save the document you want to use as a format as a template and
create new documents from it.