gooner

Default Headers and Footers/Auto Text

I have several users in the company that have lost their Autotext entries for
example:

Author
Date
Page Number etc etc.

I know how to input them manually using the insert and Field option but to
do this on so many PC's would be soooo time consuming. My Autotext Field has
the standard entries, is there a template I could copy or a setings file that
I can copy from my Office Dir on my PC to all the other users PC's so that
they get all of their standard autotext entries back??

Thanks in Advance

Damian

gooner

Thanks for that, I cannot believe how easy that is, I wouldn't have thought
it came down to just that. I haven't tried it yet as believe it or not the
company I am contrcting in uses one version of normal.dot for the whole
company on a network dir. I cannot rename it at present as it is being used
by someone, I will post back to let you know.

Thanks for your time Graham

rgds

Damian

gooner wrote:
I have several users in the company that have lost their Autotext
entries for example:

Author
Date
Page Number etc etc.

I know how to input them manually using the insert and Field option
but to do this on so many PC's would be soooo time consuming. My
Autotext Field has the standard entries, is there a template I could
copy or a setings file that I can copy from my Office Dir on my PC to
all the other users PC's so that they get all of their standard
autotext entries back??

Thanks in Advance

Damian

Graham Mayor

Normal.dot should not be used as a shared file. It is an individual user
file.

Sharing normal.dot is a recipe for disaster and in any case is unnecessary.
Company standards can be imposed by using global templates and shared
document templates. I would urge you to take this up with the company.