Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ross from Orlando Ross from Orlando is offline

Default Status Bar in Word 2007

To customize the status bar in Word 2007, you right click on it and
choose the options you want. Simple enough. However, one of the
options I have chosen, "Spelling and Grammar Check," does not appear
on the status bar. Anyone else noticed this? Thanks,

Ross
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 05:46:52 -0800 (PST), Ross from Orlando
wrote:

To customize the status bar in Word 2007, you right click on it and
choose the options you want. Simple enough. However, one of the
options I have chosen, "Spelling and Grammar Check," does not appear
on the status bar. Anyone else noticed this? Thanks,

Ross

Nope. It appears as an icon of a book with either a blue check mark (if there
are no errors) or a red X. I do notice that it appears only after you start
adding some content to the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

wrote:

To customize the status bar in Word 2007, you right click on it and
choose the options you want. Simple enough. However, one of the
options I have chosen, "Spelling and Grammar Check," does not appear
on the status bar. Anyone else noticed this? Thanks,

Ross

Nope. It appears as an icon of a book with either a blue check mark (if there
are no errors) or a red X. I do notice that it appears only after you start
adding some content to the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP * * * *FAQ:http://word.mvps.org

Jay, here is the problem: In Word Options, under Proofing, I had
unchecked "Check Spelling as you Type." This prevented the icon you
described from appearing on the status bar. Thanks,

Ross