Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Janineh Janineh is offline

Default Word 2007 indents (XP)

The paragraph dialog box will retain some but not all of my changes when
making a new style or modifying a built-in one, such as TOC 2. I started a
new document to test this, specifying 1 inch margins in page layout and TOC 2
beginning at .35 and a line spacing of 1.5. When I close the DB and then go
back to it to see the changes, the left margin is a minus number (!) and line
spacing a multiple--both things I never had specified in the first place.
Where do these come from and how do I make my style creations/modifications
stick?