joseph Ventour via OfficeKB.com

Default Headers and footers

I have a little annoying problem. I inserted the header and footer however
they are all uneven as well as if i were to edit either of them, they do
not show up throught the document. Also does anyone know how to edit the
size of the header and footer so that they are all the same size
horizontaly?

Annoyed header guy
Luc

Joseph,
The horizontal size of your header or footer is determined by the margins
you have. If headers/footers are different on some of your pages most
probably you have different sections in your document (with different margin
settings in them). Or I you have used tabs to align text in your
header/footer the tab settings may differ from one section to the other.
Luc
"joseph Ventour via OfficeKB.com" schreef in
bericht ...
I have a little annoying problem. I inserted the header and footer however
they are all uneven as well as if i were to edit either of them, they do
not show up throught the document. Also does anyone know how to edit the
size of the header and footer so that they are all the same size
horizontaly?

Annoyed header guy

Charles Kenyon

Headers and footers are section properties. That means they can be different
in different sections. Indeed, many people insert section breaks just to
make them different -- often unnecessarily.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

If they are missing in some parts, perhaps you are using a StyleRef field
that refers to a heading, and also have inserted manual page breaks before
the heading. _When you do that, the page break is a part of the following
parargaph!_ Word tries to put the page break at the top of the header and
what you get is a blank header.

Not sure what you mean by "uneven." Only on odd pages? That, also is a
possible setting.

Formatting of headers and footers is controlled in both the page setup
dialog and in the header and footer styles.

Hope this helps.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"joseph Ventour via OfficeKB.com" wrote in
message ...