Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DavidGordon DavidGordon is offline

Default How do I work alternately on 2 different docs side by side...

Hi

Please can some kind soul tell me how to work alternately on 2 different
docs, side by side on screen ... i.e. switching between them ? Or, can
this be done with 'one-behind one' (would be much less satisfactory).

My need is to construct a new doc., in multiple places copying bits of text
from an existing doc.

I am using WORD 2003, within Office. I have seached HELP to no avail.

I hope someone out there can help me.

Thanks

David
DavidGordon in Nottingham, UK
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 10:48:15 -0800, DavidGordon
.(donotspam) wrote:

Hi

Please can some kind soul tell me how to work alternately on 2 different
docs, side by side on screen ... i.e. switching between them ? Or, can
this be done with 'one-behind one' (would be much less satisfactory).

My need is to construct a new doc., in multiple places copying bits of text
from an existing doc.

I am using WORD 2003, within Office. I have seached HELP to no avail.

I hope someone out there can help me.

Thanks

David
DavidGordon in Nottingham, UK

There are at least two ways to do this.

- Assuming you have Tools Options View Windows in Taskbar checked, so each
document has a separate window: Open both documents. Minimize any other program
windows that may be open. Right-click the Windows task bar and choose Tile
Windows Vertically (or in Vista, Show Windows Side By Side).

- Regardless of the setting of Tools Options View Windows in Taskbar,
click Window Compare Side by Side.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman