Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Default Changing Tracked Changes Options

This is a suggestion for Microsoft.

I always need to track changes while I'm editing, and I prefer working with
the deleted text hidden. Sometimes, though, I need to see the deleted text.
Whenever I change from hiding to showing deleted text, or vice versa, Word
bounces me to a different spot in the document. (If I was on page 64 of 237,
for example, I would suddenly be on whatever page was now page 64, but I
wouldn't be in the same paragraph I had been editing before I made the
change.) Then I need to search for the place where I had been working. (I
usually just type a placeholder word such as my name before I make the
change, so I can search for it and find my place.)

It would be nice if Word would keep the same insertion point showing after
the Track Changes viewing options had been changed.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

I definitely agree - when you switch between track changes showing/track
changes hidden, you should stay in the same place - meaning the same cursor
point, not the same page! I waste so much time scrolling back and forth.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Then click on the "I Agree" button. So far, only two people have clicked it.
(And I was one of them.)

"Jen" wrote:

I definitely agree - when you switch between track changes showing/track
changes hidden, you should stay in the same place - meaning the same cursor
point, not the same page! I waste so much time scrolling back and forth.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

I was the other one.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Thanks!

Now if I could just get somebody to answer my question about why my Find
window always comes up with Underline selected, I'd be a happy man. (See
"Formatting Comes On When Searching")

"Jen" wrote:

I was the other one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I was reading one of Suzanne Barnhill's old posts in which she mentioned
Shift-F5 as a way of going back to the last cursor location in the document.
It works great for this problem! When you change view modes, if Word kicks
you to a different location, just hit Shift-F5 and you go right back to where
you need to be.