Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick Paterson Rick Paterson is offline

Default Creating a Template to use for Primary Students

We want to use one word processor for all our K to 12 students but the Word
interface is too busy for our first and second graders. I've been working on
a template that would would launch Word and change the interface to include:

Only one toolbar with Large icons:
New document
Open
Save
Print
Font
Bigger Font
Smaller Font
Align Left and Centre
Bullets and Numbering
Font Size
Bold
Underline
Italics
Text colour

Default font: Tahoma 24 pt, 1.5 lines spacing.

Add the Drawing Tool bar to the bottom but remove:
Text box and Vertical Text Box
Insert Diagram/Org chart
Dash style
Arrow style
Shadow style
3D Style

Also set the default Save file path to a network directory.

I've run into all sorts of problems with getting the settings to "stick" and
for the toolbar to look right. Would anyone be able to help me with this?

directory mail merge: auto pop-up template for the final listing?? Ido Mailmerge 3 June 28th 06 02:09 PM
How to Open Template as Template NOT as '.doc' ? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 9 June 27th 06 12:13 AM
Global Template Question Deb McLellan New Users 6 February 13th 06 03:20 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Creating fields in a template luisyana Microsoft Word Help 3 May 22nd 05 12:21 PM