Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amelia amelia is offline

Default Cant save Word Document

Hi, I have a user who is having trouble saving a particular Word Document.
We are running Office 2002 sp3. He opens it fine but if he clicks 'save as'
nothing happens. Also if he goes to close it and it asks him if he wants to
save it, nothing happens also.
I've tried the following:
- opening it on another pc, it works fine
- done a repair of office on his machine
- tried opening this under another profile on his machine - still doesnt work
- copied and pasted it to a new document. This worked for a bit, then
stopped working a few hours later.
Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There was a problem with a patch a while back that cause a similar problem.
It was corrected about a week later with another patch. Get your friend to
make sure he has *all* applicable patches running on his system.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"amelia" wrote in message
Hi, I have a user who is having trouble saving a particular Word Document.
We are running Office 2002 sp3. He opens it fine but if he clicks 'save
as'
nothing happens. Also if he goes to close it and it asks him if he wants
save it, nothing happens also.
I've tried the following:
- opening it on another pc, it works fine
- done a repair of office on his machine
- tried opening this under another profile on his machine - still doesnt
work
- copied and pasted it to a new document. This worked for a bit, then
stopped working a few hours later.
Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amelia amelia is offline

Thanks... we are all running the same patches as they get rolled out on our
policy at work... any other ideas?

"amelia" wrote in message
Hi, I have a user who is having trouble saving a particular Word Document.
We are running Office 2002 sp3. He opens it fine but if he clicks 'save
as'
nothing happens. Also if he goes to close it and it asks him if he wants
save it, nothing happens also.
I've tried the following:
- opening it on another pc, it works fine
- done a repair of office on his machine
- tried opening this under another profile on his machine - still doesnt
work
- copied and pasted it to a new document. This worked for a bit, then
stopped working a few hours later.
Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Double check the patches. Stuff happens.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

news