Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
steelebob steelebob is offline

Default Opening doc in word 2000 created in word 97

I'm getting many--not all--"corrupted?" word doc's. NO error message BUT
the text is in an unreadable form. Tried office converter pack but it is
not working consistently, if at all. Also, tried converting them to
.rtf.
Don't really want to pay the bucks for program to fix it, besides I
can't find one that is rated very highly by users.

THANX, for any help, Bob

--
steelebob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mxk@datanumen.net is offline

On 3ÔÂ5ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç1ʱ02·Ö, steelebob
wrote:
I'm getting many--not all--"corrupted?"worddoc's. NO error message BUT
the text is in an unreadable form. Tried office converter pack but it is
not working consistently, if at all. Also, tried converting them to
.rtf.
Don't really want to pay the bucks for program to fix it, besides I
can't find one that is rated very highly by users.

THANX, for any help, Bob

--
steelebob

Hi,

Why not try Advanced Word Repair at http://www.datanumen.com/awr/ ?
It recovers several important Word documents for me and is really
helpful! I think it can open the word created in 97. And then you can
convert it to 2000.

Alan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
steelebob[_2_] steelebob[_2_] is offline

Why not try Advanced Word Repair at http://www.datanumen.com/awr/ ?
It recovers several important Word documents for me and is really
helpful! I think it can open the word created in 97. And then you can
convert it to 2000.

Tried that program and one other--could not fix it.

Thank, Bob

--
steelebob