Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike[_3_] Mike[_3_] is offline

Default vector graphics

Hi

I'd like to know whether the figure generated and then copied from
some software uses vector graphics EPS, JPEG or TIFF (600 dpi) or not.

I paste it to Microsoft Word.
Is what I copy one of these vector graphics?
And how do I know if it is 600 dpi?

Regards,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

EPS, JPG and TIFF are not vector graphic formats.
It is hard to say what you are copying and pasting if you don't tell us!

Mike wrote:
Hi

I'd like to know whether the figure generated and then copied from
some software uses vector graphics EPS, JPEG or TIFF (600 dpi) or not.

I paste it to Microsoft Word.
Is what I copy one of these vector graphics?
And how do I know if it is 600 dpi?

Regards,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Graham is right - you give nothing to work with & the formats you mention
are not vector formats. One thing is certain, however - _whatever_ you copy
& paste will *not* result in 600 ppi resolution (BTW- dpi (dots per inch) is
a measurement of printer resolution. Images & displays are measured in ppi
(pixels per inch). There isn't a 1:1 correlation.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/27/07 1:07 AM, in article ,
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

EPS, JPG and TIFF are not vector graphic formats.
It is hard to say what you are copying and pasting if you don't tell us!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike[_3_] Mike[_3_] is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote:
EPS, JPG and TIFF are not vector graphic formats.
It is hard to say what you are copying and pasting if you don't tell us!- Hide quoted text -

Sorry I forgot to mention.
I use matlab.
Let's say I generate a curve y=sin(x).
Then I copy the figure and paste it to Word.
Can I transform this figure to vector graphics EPS, JPEG or TIFF (600
dpi) ?

Mike

vector arrow above symbol in text Rob van der Heijden Microsoft Word Help 2 April 22nd 23 12:33 PM
How does one symbolize a vector in Word? Kristinn Microsoft Word Help 5 December 6th 06 01:32 PM
Graphics goodfella Microsoft Word Help 3 March 12th 06 06:51 PM
Vector graphics in MS Word bw Microsoft Word Help 4 October 19th 05 03:52 PM
non-printing graphics NeedHelp Microsoft Word Help 5 April 20th 05 02:52 PM