Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
VUemily VUemily is offline

Default Word won't send email merge

I just switched to Office 2007 at work, and I am in the middle of a huge
email merge where I send out 500 emails a day using this feature. I have done
it fine three times in my old Windows 2003, but I went to go do it today with
Office 2007 and Word went through and acted like it was sending it, but
nothing showed up in my Sentbox or Outbox. I also got no replies or
bounces....what is happening and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This question comes up from time to time, but unfortunately no-one seems to
know the cause of the problem.

If you can switch to using a plain text e-mail and deal with the security
questions, that will probably function.

Otherwise, the best I can suggest is that you follow the general
troubleshooting steps described in

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/en-us

I would probably try the safe mode option first, and ay particular attention
to the items concerning your Outlook Profile.

If that, or anything else, leads to a resolution, plase post back here! (NB,
the people in here are volunteers who do not work for Microsoft)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"VUemily" wrote in message
I just switched to Office 2007 at work, and I am in the middle of a huge
email merge where I send out 500 emails a day using this feature. I have
done
it fine three times in my old Windows 2003, but I went to go do it today
with
Office 2007 and Word went through and acted like it was sending it, but
nothing showed up in my Sentbox or Outbox. I also got no replies or
bounces....what is happening and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
VUemily VUemily is offline

Thanks for the response.

I did a test email merge to myself using the plain text and it worked. So
then I tried the same thing with an html and it worked. So then I sent it to
my list and it seemed to work (I have 499 of 500 emails in my sentbox, at
least). So I don't know what the deal is.

I'm not sure how I was supposed to use that link - as it takes me to
troubleshooting for error messages, but I never had an error message - it
just acted like it sent it, but nothing showed up in my outlook.

"VUemily" wrote in message
I just switched to Office 2007 at work, and I am in the middle of a huge
email merge where I send out 500 emails a day using this feature. I have
done
it fine three times in my old Windows 2003, but I went to go do it today
with
Office 2007 and Word went through and acted like it was sending it, but
nothing showed up in my Sentbox or Outbox. I also got no replies or
bounces....what is happening and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I did a test email merge to myself using the plain text and it worked. So
then I tried the same thing with an html and it worked. So then I sent it
my list and it seemed to work (I have 499 of 500 emails in my sentbox, at
least). So I don't know what the deal is.

That's interesting in itself. Are you saying that your merge to HTML email
is now working, or merely that it looks like it is working (i.e. the emails
are in your sentbox/Sent items, but you cannot yet tell whether any of them
have arrived)

I'm not sure how I was supposed to use that link - as it takes me to
troubleshooting for error messages, but I never had an error message - it
just acted like it sent it, but nothing showed up in my outlook.

I posted the link because it contains general information and links about
how to do various kinds of repair to your Outlook installation - for
example, how to recreate an Outlook profile. Sometimes, doing general
repairs can be useful even when you have not been able to identify the fault
or its origin.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"VUemily" wrote in message
I just switched to Office 2007 at work, and I am in the middle of a huge
email merge where I send out 500 emails a day using this feature. I
have
done
it fine three times in my old Windows 2003, but I went to go do it
today
with
Office 2007 and Word went through and acted like it was sending it, but
nothing showed up in my Sentbox or Outbox. I also got no replies or
bounces....what is happening and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
VUemily VUemily is offline

The 500 html emails (at least most) have sent, as I have gotten responses and
some bounces. The real test will be when I go to send more again tomorrow -
whether it works or not.

"VUemily" wrote in message
I just switched to Office 2007 at work, and I am in the middle of a huge
email merge where I send out 500 emails a day using this feature. I
have
done
it fine three times in my old Windows 2003, but I went to go do it
today
with
Office 2007 and Word went through and acted like it was sending it, but
nothing showed up in my Sentbox or Outbox. I also got no replies or
bounces....what is happening and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

So far, so good!

Thanks for posting back.

(Perhaps a solution to the "disappearing HTML email merges" is to do one
"plain text email merge" and try the HTML e-merge again.)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

news