Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marcia Mason Marcia Mason is offline

Default How do you hide the to/from/subject/intro email bars

When I open a WORD file the display has an email header with
to/from/subject/intro that takes up too much room. I can't get rid of it,
and don't want to see it. How do I hide it? There is no option in VIEW.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix Gordon Bentley-Mix is offline

Marcia,

Assuming Word 2003 or earlier, click File | Send To | Mail Recipient. This
should remove the email-related fields from the document. Undoubtedly there
is similar functionality in Word 2007, but I don't know what it is off the
top of my head.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Uninvited email contact will be marked as SPAM and ignored. Please post all
follow-ups to the newsgroup.

"Marcia Mason" wrote:

When I open a WORD file the display has an email header with
to/from/subject/intro that takes up too much room. I can't get rid of it,
and don't want to see it. How do I hide it? There is no option in VIEW.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marcia Mason[_2_] Marcia Mason[_2_] is offline

This is WORD 2007, and there is no "File" to click, so that won't work. I am
so lost, and nothing I type into the help-search comes up with an answer.

"Marcia Mason" wrote:

When I open a WORD file the display has an email header with
to/from/subject/intro that takes up too much room. I can't get rid of it,
and don't want to see it. How do I hide it? There is no option in VIEW.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

Marcia,

Unfortunately, I've only just recently started working with Word 2007, so
I'm not completely up to scratch on it. However, I did find some information
that might help you. Search the Help topics for "send to mail recipient" and
look for an article entitled "Send a document in an e-mail message". There
is a rather involved process described in the section entitled "Send the
body of a document as an e-mail message" that may provide the answer you
require.
--

"Marcia Mason" wrote:

When I open a WORD file the display has an email header with
to/from/subject/intro that takes up too much room. I can't get rid of
it,
and don't want to see it. How do I hide it? There is no option in
VIEW.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Add the Send to Mail Recipient button from the all commands group to the QAT
(Quick Access Toolbar). This will then work as a toggle, as in earlier
versions, to remove/display the e-mail header.

Gordon Bentley-Mix wrote:
Marcia,

Unfortunately, I've only just recently started working with Word
2007, so I'm not completely up to scratch on it. However, I did find
some information that might help you. Search the Help topics for
"send to mail recipient" and look for an article entitled "Send a
document in an e-mail message". There is a rather involved process
described in the section entitled "Send the body of a document as an
e-mail message" that may provide the answer you require.

"Marcia Mason" wrote in
message ...

"Marcia Mason" wrote:

When I open a WORD file the display has an email header with
to/from/subject/intro that takes up too much room. I can't get
rid of it,
and don't want to see it. How do I hide it? There is no option in
VIEW.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

Thanks Graham. I was at work before and didn't have time to distill the
process from the Help into something a bit more succinct.