Elaine

Default Font Display

Hello,

I got a problem with fonts in Word 2003. When I open a word file, on the
toolbar, it says the font being used is Arial. However, when I go to Format€¦
Font - it says that I am using Helvetica. So which font am I using - Arial
or Helvetica? How do I get them to match?

I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP. Please help me, it is driving me crazy

Thanks.
Elaine.

--
Best,
Elaine.
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Elaine,

Hmmm, it's a bit unusual for the names to be out of synch
in the toolbar and in Format=Font with that font pairing.

What printer model are you using in File=Print?
If you change to a different (non-postscript) printer
driver do you get the same result?

With the document open if you go to Tools=Customize=Compatability
does [Font Substitution] show any missing fonts and
is the setting for embed fonts selected in Tools=Options=Save?

Windows supports automatic font substitution so that say
you type a document using the font 'Papyrus' and send it off
to another person who doesn't have that font they can still read
and edit the document and send it back to you. They will, unless
the font is embedded into the document (Tools=Options=Save) not
see the text in 'Papyrus' as you designed it, as they don't
have the font but they will usually be able to read the document.
(The same is true for folks who receive emails
or visit web pages that use fonts not available to the reader)

You can also use 'Papyrus' in a document you're sending to someone
who does have it, even though you don't, and Word will believe you.
For example you can type some text in your document, select that
text with your mouse, and in the font line on the toolbar type
in FRED as the font name.

=======
"Elaine" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I got a problem with fonts in Word 2003. When I open a word file, on the
toolbar, it says the font being used is Arial. However, when I go to Format.
Font - it says that I am using Helvetica. So which font am I using - Arial
or Helvetica? How do I get them to match?

I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP. Please help me, it is driving me crazy

Thanks.
Elaine.

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)