Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Paul E

Default 67 page document only prints if broken into two smaller parts...

(Running XP Pro, Word 2002 - both fully updated. 1 Gb RAM and many GB of
available disk space.)

I have printed many large and long documents before, sometimes 10 Mb in size
when photographs are included.

Today, one that is only 4 Mb in size and 67 pages would hang instantly if I
tried to print even page 1 to the printer or to Adobe Pro to create a PDF.
I closed other running applications, rebooted even, tested everything I
could but to no avail. Then, when I divided it into two documents, it
prints no problem.

I reviewed the Word "Help" as to limits when working with Word but did not
see any that applied to this specific case.

In order that I know how to avoid this problem in the future, I am hoping
that someone can point me to the likely problem(s).

TIA!

Paul