Duplex Printing Landscape

Old November 28th 08, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Duplex Printing Landscape

For our Xerox printers, with a Landscape oriented Word document, selecting
Properties in the File Print dialog and then on the Paper Output tab, select
Flip on long edge in the 2 Sided Print drop down and setting the Image
Orientation to Landscape, the output is as you require.

Almost certainly, YMMV with HP and their crappy drivers.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:05:38 +0000, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

I can do it in Acrobat Reader, but for some reason Word always prints the
second page for left edge binding.

Really weird! I've installed a PostScript Driver for the printer, all OK
using that one. Looks like a bug in the HP software.

Old November 28th 08, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:14:36 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

On the Print tab of Tools | Options (unless you're using Word 2007).

That's why I can't find it then

Old November 28th 08, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In Word 2007, Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Print on front/back
of sheet for duplex printing. The unhelpful illustrations have been
eliminated, which makes the options even harder to find.

Old September 28th 15, 09:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 12:27:54 AM UTC+1, Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:52:46 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

This is what you want, isn't it? To have the top of all pages on the left?

As I said, I want to print a landscape document on both sides, so flipping
along the long axis shows the second side the right way up.

Another way of looking at it: if you hold the document up to the light in
landscape format, the reverse side is upside down. Any clearer?

I completely understand and I'm having the same problem. If I download a landscape oriented document in Microsoft Word and print it, I get the following options:

flip on short edge
flip on long edge

I too want to print my LANDSCAPE docx from GoogleDocs on two sides so that the document flips on the long edge. Right now, it seems the only way I can print a landscape doc on 2 sides is to have it flip on the short edge.

So it seems it's just a lack of features in GoogleDoc print options in that it does not allow you to choose which edge to flip the document on for 2 sided printing.

??? the original post is from 2008 and they haven't fixed it yet??

C.

Old June 7th 19, 06:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

I had this problem too! The following worked for me:

Create a PDF of the document, then open the PDF and rotate the second page before printing. Did exactly what I wanted.

Hope this helps someone!