Adjusting margins has left me with some blank spaces at the end of some lines

Old June 5th 19, 04:01 PM
Student123 Student123 is offline

Angry Adjusting margins has left me with some blank spaces at the end of some lines

Hello,

So I've decided to change margins in my essay and now I'm stuck with ugly blank spaces at the end of some lines. I'm attaching a photo to help you understand the problem.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Old June 5th 19, 05:36 PM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline

Originally Posted by Student123 View Post
Hello,

So I've decided to change margins in my essay and now I'm stuck with ugly blank spaces at the end of some lines. I'm attaching a photo to help you understand the problem.

Thanks in advance
It looks like the lines around that one are justified while the line in question isn't? Is the document improved by highlighting the whole section and applying Justified to it?
Old June 5th 19, 06:42 PM
Student123 Student123 is offline

Yes, the whole text is justified. I've tried the trick with replacing ^p with blank space and then justifying again, it works in some cases, but not always.
Old June 6th 19, 04:15 PM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline

Originally Posted by Student123 View Post
Yes, the whole text is justified. I've tried the trick with replacing ^p with blank space and then justifying again, it works in some cases, but not always.
There could be ^l as well as ^p. I've edited some docs which have what look like spaces, but when formats are unhidden, they appear to be degree symbols which aren't visible in a print view. ("") That gums up my find/replace technique.
Old June 7th 19, 03:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Default Adjusting margins has left me with some blank spaces at the endof some lines

"Degree symbol" means Non-Breaking Space (type Ctrl-Shift-Space). You can
simply delete it or select it and type over it with, say, a regular space.

Old June 10th 19, 07:10 PM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline

Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
"Degree symbol" means Non-Breaking Space (type Ctrl-Shift-Space). You can
simply delete it or select it and type over it with, say, a regular space.
Thank you! I knew it was a form of spacing, but couldn't remember which one.