Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline

Default Autmatically change View

Bob, the closest answer to what I need was listed by Stefan. That you can
see, is there a better way to do this?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Jean-Guy,

Yes, in older versions you can add to Print Preview view, and you could use the multipage icon from Print Preview on regular
toolbars (one of my favorites that along with the zoom slider seems gone from Word 2007) Unfortunately for Word 2007 it's a bit
more effort to modify that view without doing some XML work with the ribbon it would seem.

In this case, the goal for Elizabeth would be to replicate in Print Layout view the Word 2003/2007 ability to maintain 'page width'
and or 'text width' as a view as you scroll through a document, no matter the page size, without having to 'reset it' by running a
Word command on each new page.

======================
"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote in message
"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:
Sure you would, you just need to add them the same way you show/hide
toolbars while in the regular UI. I have added all major toolbars to my Print
Preview because I use that view when I finalize a document. I want all the
regular tools so that I can touch up bits and pieces as I scroll down
checking for errros and flaws...

That being said (or written!), I do not have 2007 on my machine, and I do
not remember if the Ribbon can be as flexible with Print Preview...
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP