Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Zadok @ Port of Seattle Zadok @ Port of Seattle is offline

Default Font properties in an Outline Numbered list

I would like Level 1 of my Outline Numbered list to be underlined, including
the text I place beside the number, and the rest of the sub headings to not
be underlined. I can get the increment value to have unerline, but the text
is bare. This must be doable.
Thanks,
Zadok
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Any text included in the number format, that is, typed in the "Number
format" box of the Customize Outline Numbered List dialog box, will have
the same formatting as the number, so I'm guessing the text you "place
beside the number" is something that you type in for each heading? If
so, you'll have to format it manually.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Zadok @ Port of Seattle" wrote in message
I would like Level 1 of my Outline Numbered list to be underlined,

including
the text I place beside the number, and the rest of the sub headings

to not
be underlined. I can get the increment value to have unerline, but the

text
is bare. This must be doable.
Thanks,
Zadok

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that you can use Ctrl+U to quickly apply underline formatting to
text. And if you want to apply more complex formatting in one step, you
can assign a character style.

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note also that if you are saying that you want all of level 1 (number
and text) to have a specific format, this can be easily accomplished if
you set up numbering so that each level is linked to a paragraph style.
See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP