Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Itinerantscholar Itinerantscholar is offline

Default Word "cannot find" a file even though I am clicking on it

Often when I open up a folder and click on a file, Word will hang for a
minute or two. The blue ring will go around and around. Then I get this
message:

"Windows cannot find 'C:\\Users\[My first name]\Documents\[File name].doc'
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I just clicked on the file, so why can't Windows find it?