Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rev Anderson

Default Weird pagination when using Print Layout with Word 2003

Word will not do background pagination after making corrections and changes
while in Print Layout.

While trying to finalize the alignment of text with graphics Word:

will make the graphics/pictures disappear,
will open documents showing only one page until I scroll down
hesitate while I am typing and then play catch up

These problems happen with documents which are only 1 or 2 pages, not just
the larger documents with tables.

To correct this I have found that I must exit Word then turn my computer off
and then after it is restarted Word works properly for a while. I remember
these problems from earlier versions of MS Office when the applications had
"memory leaks" and would lose track of where the application stored the
information in RAM.

I already know you are going to blame it on just about everything in the
computer, but I remember MS finally providing patches which corrected the
earlier application errors like this.

I have, in the last three months learned to dread and hate working with MS
Office 2003 and I am now considering uninstalling 2003 and installing my old
and trustworthy MS Office 2000 or finding another product to use. These
problems have cost me so many hours of work and frustration it is getting to
be expensive.
--
Life is an adventure with God leading.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Interesting that your question was adjacent to another with video display
problems. This may be attributable to the graphics driver with recent ATI
display adapters and the Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
causing particular problems. There are new drivers available from the
manufacturers that fix the problem.

Make sure you are using the latest driver, then if the problem persists, try
reducing the display's hardware acceleration.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Setting Word 2003 to default to Print layout Steve Silverwood Page Layout 2 December 21st 05 05:45 PM