k_man10

Default How so I set up an entire folder to be password protected?

I would like to set up a folder to be password protected so I dont have to
keep doing every individual document. Is this possible? I am using Windows XP

This is a Windows function, not Word.

"k_man10" wrote in message
I would like to set up a folder to be password protected so I dont have to
keep doing every individual document. Is this possible? I am using Windows

XP

Graham Mayor

Assuming you mean you want to password protect each document in a folder,
you need a macro e.g.

Public Sub PasswordAll()

Dim FirstLoop As Boolean
Dim myFile, Password, PathToUse As String
Dim myDoc As Document
Dim Response As Long

'**********************************
'enter path to the folder below
PathToUse = "D:\My Documents\Test\Merge\"
'***********************************
sPassword = InputBox("Enter Password")

On Error Resume Next
Documents.Close Savechanges:=wdPromptToSaveChanges
FirstLoop = True
myFile = Dir$(PathToUse & "*.doc")
While myFile ""
Set myDoc = Documents.Open(PathToUse & myFile)
If FirstLoop Then
With ActiveDocument
.Password = sPassword
.WritePassword = sPassword
End With
FirstLoop = False

Response = MsgBox("Do you want to process " & _
"the rest of the files in this folder", vbYesNo)
If Response = vbNo Then Exit Sub
Else
With ActiveDocument
.Password = sPassword
.WritePassword = sPassword
End With
End If
myDoc.Close Savechanges:=wdSaveChanges
myFile = Dir$()
Wend
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

k_man10 wrote:
I would like to set up a folder to be password protected so I dont
have to keep doing every individual document. Is this possible? I am
using Windows XP

Patrick

Graham,

Is there a way to password protect the folder, with the files contained
within it NOT being password protected?

Patrick