Susanne

Default Not printable message

How can I create a not printable message to be displayed before printing my
document - a private message which no one can print by mistake ? I hope for a
pop up but it could also just be a textbox or so?

rgs
Susanne
Stefan Blom

You could put text in a border-less text box and format the text to be
hidden: On the Format menu, click Font, and then click the Font tab.
Make sure you select the "Hidden" option and click OK.

If you want to view the hidden text, click the ¶ button on the
Standard toolbar. To prevent hidden text from printing, make sure that
"Hidden text" is cleared on the Print tab of ToolsOptions.

Instead of using a text box, you could insert a comment
(InsertComment) and type the text there.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Susanne" wrote in message
How can I create a not printable message to be displayed before

printing my
document - a private message which no one can print by mistake ? I

hope for a
pop up but it could also just be a textbox or so?

rgs
Susanne

Susanne

Thanks, bu I need to be sure that everybody who opens the document read the
information and that no one can print the information.

I can not ask or be sure that 100 people change their options for this. I
still think, that I need a pop up/dialog box or something... ?

--
Mvh
Susanne

"Susanne" wrote in message
How can I create a not printable message to be displayed before

printing my
document - a private message which no one can print by mistake ? I

hope for a
pop up but it could also just be a textbox or so?

rgs
Susanne

Stefan Blom

A macro would work, but I'm not the right person to ask for the best
way to do it (my knowledge of VBA is rather basic). Perhaps someone
else can help... Note that if you don't get an answer here, you could
ask in a programming newsgroup instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Susanne" wrote in message
How can I create a not printable message to be displayed before

printing my
document - a private message which no one can print by mistake ?

hope for a
pop up but it could also just be a textbox or so?

rgs
Susanne

Graham Mayor

You could certainly use a macro, but then the problem would be in ensuring
that the users had access to the macro. Save it in the document and the
chances are it would be caught by anti-virus measures. Put it in the
document template and you would have to supply the template also.

An interim solution would be to add a custom toolbar to the document to run
a macro to call the printer and your message
eg

Sub PrintThisDocument()
MsgBox "Put your message here"
Application.PrintOut FileName:=""
End Sub

but the issues of having the macro available still pertain

Thanks again.