Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Default Text box with shadowing

Many of my document old files are word perfect based. Whenever I update any,
I try and make the switch to word. On many documents, I have a black box
with white text inside (company name) with a shadow image around it
(essentially it's placed behind and the top and right edge is showing). This
was an easy insert with word perfect, but I can't figure out how to do it in
word. I want the main box to be a black background with white text and the
shadoe box to be grey.
Any help much appreciated...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert a text box with black fill. If the text color is set to Automatic, it
will flip to white. The shadow is applied with the drawing tools. You can
select the position, depth, and color of the shadow. If the Shadow Style
button is not on the Drawing toolbar, you can add it. The Shadow Settings
allow you to nudge the shadow up, down, right, and left and choose the
color.

"Scott" wrote in message
Many of my document old files are word perfect based. Whenever I update
any,
I try and make the switch to word. On many documents, I have a black box
with white text inside (company name) with a shadow image around it
(essentially it's placed behind and the top and right edge is showing).
This
was an easy insert with word perfect, but I can't figure out how to do it
in
word. I want the main box to be a black background with white text and
the
shadoe box to be grey.
Any help much appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Thanks that's what I'm looking for. However, my drawing tools don't include
"shadow" only 3D. How do you add shadow to this. I'm currently using a Mac
with Word for Mac, but have regulat word at home - hopefully it's the same.

"Scott" wrote in message
Many of my document old files are word perfect based. Whenever I update
any,
I try and make the switch to word. On many documents, I have a black box
with white text inside (company name) with a shadow image around it
(essentially it's placed behind and the top and right edge is showing).
This
was an easy insert with word perfect, but I can't figure out how to do it
in
word. I want the main box to be a black background with white text and
the
shadoe box to be grey.
Any help much appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Ok. Found it in the Mac version. The problem I'm having now is that my white
etxt is appearing in the shadow.... Also, is there anyway to center teh etxt
within the text box vertically as well as horizontally. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Use the instructions in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm to add
the button to the Drawing toolbar. In the Customize dialog, select the Drawing
category, and add the Shadow Style item to the toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Scott" wrote in message
Many of my document old files are word perfect based. Whenever I update
any,
I try and make the switch to word. On many documents, I have a black box
with white text inside (company name) with a shadow image around it
(essentially it's placed behind and the top and right edge is showing).
This
was an easy insert with word perfect, but I can't figure out how to do it
in
word. I want the main box to be a black background with white text and
the
shadoe box to be grey.
Any help much appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Thanks. That was very helpful.

How do I eliminate the shadowing of text within the box. When I print, the
text shows up in the shadow. The box is black with white print and grey
shadow.

Also, can you centre the text vertically within the box. I can find how to
centre it horizontally, but not vertically. Currently, I'm just adding some
spaces at the top until it is centred.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:34:00 -0700, Scott
wrote:

Thanks. That was very helpful.

How do I eliminate the shadowing of text within the box. When I print, the
text shows up in the shadow. The box is black with white print and grey
shadow.

Also, can you centre the text vertically within the box. I can find how to
centre it horizontally, but not vertically. Currently, I'm just adding some
spaces at the top until it is centred.

Thank you.

I don't understand the issue of text printing in the shadow. The text should be
wrapping within the text box, and the shadow should be visible only outside the
text box. Are you seeing the text printing beyond the edge of the box?

As for vertical centering, you'll have to manually apply Space Above to the
paragraph formatting of the first paragraph in the box to move it down and
visually center the text. There isn't any automatic centering control (there is
one for a table cell, but not for a text box).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

text is not visible. Hidden text and white text not the problem suzie Microsoft Word Help 4 January 30th 08 08:15 AM
Shadowing text Robert New Users 6 December 13th 07 09:59 PM
inserting text box - text does not move from under text box madisonpete Page Layout 2 November 27th 07 09:00 PM
How Do I get rid Of Text Shadowing? GaryC. Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 06 02:53 AM
How do I add shadowing to a checkbox in MS Word? John K. Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 05 10:07 PM