P Williams

Default How do I create a drop-down list for a custom toolbar in Word?

I'm creating custom toolbars that have multiple entries for symbols. The
toolbar will be used to replace symbols and characters in scientific
documents. I want to have one general button (e.g., Greek characters, common
symbols) and all the symbols listed under that. I've looked through all my
material and can't find anyway to do this. I know it's possible because I
have a toolbar that is set up already...unfortunately the person who created
it is no longer with our company. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=,

I'm creating custom toolbars that have multiple entries for symbols. The
toolbar will be used to replace symbols and characters in scientific
documents. I want to have one general button (e.g., Greek characters, common
symbols) and all the symbols listed under that. I've looked through all my
material and can't find anyway to do this. I know it's possible because I
have a toolbar that is set up already...unfortunately the person who created
it is no longer with our company

You'd need to have the "top level" be a pop-up menu, with the character buttons
assigned to that menu.

Go to Tools/Customize/Commands and choose "New menu" from the list at the left
(last entry). Drag this to the toolbar. Now you can create (drag) the toolbar
buttons for the symbols to this menu, wait for it to "pop up" then position
them in the sub-menu.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org