Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jack Sons

Default textbox to normal text

Hi all,

I scanned a document of may pages. The result (a rtf-file) looks fine, but
in reality the text I see is not "text in a document" but text in textboxes.

I really need this to convert to text "directly in the document", like in
any "normal" document. I mean that it will be as if I typed it directly into
the document.

Of course I could select (highlight) the text in the first textbox and than
paste it to a new document (a doc-file), do the same with the text of the
next textbox, past it below the first text in the new docment etc. I tried,
did it for a lot of textboxes, but it will be very tedious to do it with the
whole document because of the many hundreds - maybe thouthands - of
textboxes, some of which contain only a single line of text..

Also there is a strange effect, when I try to "control c - control v " the
highlighted text of a textbox to the other document, suddenly it is not the
text that is copied to the new document, but the whole textbox, and so it
just moved the problem from one document to the other one.

Can anyone show me a way out? Perhaps with VBA it will be possible to
convert all textboxes at once to normal text.

I am in very urgent need for advice. Please help.

Jack Sons
The Netherlands