Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
leo-iii leo-iii is offline

Default Bolding or underlining just one phrase, not whole document

I am puzzled by a problem that has been occuring only since I switched to
word 2003. When I select some text and bold it, or underline it, that is
applied to the whole document. I assume that there is some option that I
must switch off.

How do I make it do just my selection?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're very welcome. Glad to hear there's someone *in* New Orleans. g Can
you believe we're having our first Mardi Gras parade here this weekend? I
think this whole thing has gotten out of hand.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"leo-iii" wrote in message
I am puzzled by a problem that has been occuring only since I switched

word 2003. When I select some text and bold it, or underline it, that

is
applied to the whole document. I assume that there is some option

that I
must switch off.

How do I make it do just my selection?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

It seems more likely that the OP is seeing the effect described at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...eformatted.htm

But considering the original message is 5 months old, I hope the OP has
found a solution by now.

Yves

"Inspectorcritic" wrote in
message ...