Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
taso81 taso81 is offline

Default page setup

I have a user with a printer in his office. He is using MS Word 2003.
Sometimes when he prints documents, they got to his printer's manual tray
instead of tray 1. I know that this can be corrected by going into page
setup but is there a way for him to be able to print to tray 1 all the time?
Ms Word bypasses the printer settings and I dont think I can disable the
manual tray from the printer side.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

While you can override any of the print settings by macro - see
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm the logical suggestion is to open
the user's normal template in Word and change the page layout tray
allocation there. That should then use the set tray provided the same
printer driver is used and the document template settings do not over-ride
that setting.