jlangen810

Default Linking Word and excel spread sheets

I am linking several spread sheets in word - I've done it many times but this
time I have only 1 sheet that will print correctly without the gridlines.
The others print with gridlines even though I have repeated turned off
gridlines etc. The strange thing is that beside the sheets that are printing
incorrectly there is an anchor symbol. Also when I right click on the link
sheet it shows the update link option is available - where on the sheet thats
printing correctly that option isn't available. Also on the ones that are
printing incorrectly when I right click there are drawing options like move
forward etc. The other shows standard formatting options like shading etc.

Help! This is driving me crazy!
Shauna Kelly

Hi

I find the best way to put things from Excel into a Word document is to copy
in Excel as usual. In Word, do Edit Paste Special and paste as a picture.
If necessary, you can link to the Excel file so that any changes in the
Excel file will be reflected in the Word file.

An anchor appears for any object that is "floating". Every floating object
is anchored to a paragraph of text. The ones without an anchor are in-line,
which is to say they behave like one big character. For more information,
see

The draw layer: a metaphysical space

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm

I would rarely leave an excerpt from an Excel file as floating. I almost
always make them in-line.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word