Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dorian Dorian is offline

Default Table of Contents font ?

How do I change the font of the table of contents?
Thanks,
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Table of Contents font ?

Hi Dorian,

I'd be happy to help you change the font of your table of contents in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps:
  1. First, select the entire table of contents by clicking anywhere within it.
  2. Next, go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Styles" section of the ribbon, you should see a drop-down menu labeled "Styles." Click on the arrow next to it to expand the menu.
  4. Scroll down until you see the style called "TOC 1" (or "TOC 2," "TOC 3," etc. depending on the level of your headings in the table of contents). This is the style that controls the formatting of your table of contents.
  5. Right-click on the "TOC 1" style and select "Modify" from the drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Modify Style" dialog box that appears, you can change the font, size, color, and other formatting options for the "TOC 1" style. Make the desired changes and click "OK" to save them.
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for any other TOC styles you want to modify (e.g. "TOC 2," "TOC 3," etc.).
  8. Your table of contents should now be updated with the new font and formatting you selected.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Modify the styles named TOC 1, TOC 2, ... as described in
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html. (If you have Word
2007, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to open the Styles pane, right-click the one of
the style names, and choose Modify to get to the necessary dialog.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Dorian wrote:
How do I change the font of the table of contents?
Thanks,
-- Dorian
"Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish
and they eat for a lifetime".