Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MargaretK MargaretK is offline

Default Spacing problem after opening inverted commas and before closing o

In dialogue, my manuscript has suddenly decided to change the spacing after
opening inverted commas and closing inverted commas, thus cramming the
letters. Not only on new work, but also previous work.

Has anyone any idea how to remedy this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you changed fonts? Some fonts may have different placement/spacing for
these characters.

http://word.mvps.org

"MargaretK" wrote in message
In dialogue, my manuscript has suddenly decided to change the spacing
after
opening inverted commas and closing inverted commas, thus cramming the
letters. Not only on new work, but also previous work.

Has anyone any idea how to remedy this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Check that your Language is still Set to (US?) English. The language
can get changed by pasting in as little as a single character that
originated in a document in another language.

On May 9, 12:34*pm, MargaretK
wrote:
In dialogue, my manuscript has suddenly decided to change the spacing after
opening inverted commas and closing inverted commas, thus cramming the
letters. Not only on new work, but also previous work.

Has anyone any idea how to remedy this?

Why don't inverted commas appear as I type? John Microsoft Word Help 2 August 7th 08 12:52 PM
inverted commas sony New Users 2 April 23rd 07 05:29 AM
I inverted commas in don't appear on the first key hit. Help? Gary Hastie Microsoft Word Help 1 October 2nd 06 07:00 AM
Mail merge/double inverted commas problem MarkN Microsoft Word Help 5 January 9th 06 12:21 AM
Inverted commas Yorkrise Microsoft Word Help 1 January 5th 05 06:03 PM