Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cmedina cmedina is offline

Default postage barcodes

How can I print a postage barcodes on my envelopes like I did in word 2003?
Everything I find you either need to be on a server or buy 3rd party
software. I just want to print the postage barcode like I used to in word
2003. I just checked PIM. Help, this has become a serious problem for me as
well as my customers wanting to upgrade to office 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The interface for inserting BARCODE fields has gone because they do not
always generate the correct code as per USPS standards, when you're using
street addresses to generate them.

However, you can still insert the BARCODE fields by han (ctrl-F9 to insert
the {}, type the rest of the stuff inside, insert nested fields as required.

If you have one set up correctly in an existing Word 2003 document, you
should be able to copy/paste it I think.

Oh, and you still need to have your regional settings set to USA.

Peter Jamieson
"cmedina" wrote in message
How can I print a postage barcodes on my envelopes like I did in word
2003?
Everything I find you either need to be on a server or buy 3rd party
software. I just want to print the postage barcode like I used to in word
2003. I just checked PIM. Help, this has become a serious problem for me
as
well as my customers wanting to upgrade to office 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Another article, which explains why Microsoft dropped the barcode from
the envelope wizard, is at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897290.

If you follow the links in the USPS article cited by Peter, you'll
find that you can't get an automation-rate discount unless your
mailing list has been verified by Coding Accuracy Support System
(CASS) software and you're sending at least 200 or 500 pieces
(depending on the mail class) at one time. As the USPS says, "unless
you are preparing a mailing for automation rates, you should NOT put
barcodes on the mailpieces. As long as the mailing address is correct,
your mail will still be processed efficiently without a barcode—and
you won’t need to worry about having the wrong barcode on your mail."

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"cmedina" wrote in message
How can I print a postage barcodes on my envelopes like I did in word
2003?
Everything I find you either need to be on a server or buy 3rd party
software. I just want to print the postage barcode like I used to in word
2003. I just checked PIM. Help, this has become a serious problem for me
as
well as my customers wanting to upgrade to office 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cmedina cmedina is offline

Thanks for the information. I noticed it doesn't show up in print preview.
Will this still work even though it doesn't show in print preview?

"cmedina" wrote in message
How can I print a postage barcodes on my envelopes like I did in word
2003?
Everything I find you either need to be on a server or buy 3rd party
software. I just want to print the postage barcode like I used to in word
2003. I just checked PIM. Help, this has become a serious problem for me
as
well as my customers wanting to upgrade to office 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately, they /do/ show up on print preview here, and they print, so
a. although it may be worth printing one, just to see,
b. I would guess that there might still be something wrong with your
BARCODE field coding or its location. It isn't formatted as hidden text, for
example?

Peter Jamieson

"cmedina" wrote in message
How can I print a postage barcodes on my envelopes like I did in word
2003?
Everything I find you either need to be on a server or buy 3rd party
software. I just want to print the postage barcode like I used to in
word
2003. I just checked PIM. Help, this has become a serious problem for
me
as
well as my customers wanting to upgrade to office 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cmedina cmedina is offline

I still can't get it to print a barcode. I enter the zip code in the {}.
Still no luck. Any other suggestions?

"cmedina" wrote in message
How can I print a postage barcodes on my envelopes like I did in word
2003?
Everything I find you either need to be on a server or buy 3rd party
software. I just want to print the postage barcode like I used to in
word
2003. I just checked PIM. Help, this has become a serious problem for
me
as
well as my customers wanting to upgrade to office 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For ZIP codes you need the following format:

{ BARCODE 00000-0000 }

where each 0 is a digit. For some reason I feel more comfortable with

{ BARCODE "00000-0000" }

which also works.

{ BARCODE 000000000 }

Does not work.

Peter Jamieson

"cmedina" wrote in message
How can I print a postage barcodes on my envelopes like I did in
word
2003?
Everything I find you either need to be on a server or buy 3rd
party
software. I just want to print the postage barcode like I used to
in
word
2003. I just checked PIM. Help, this has become a serious problem
for
me
as
well as my customers wanting to upgrade to office 2007

4-State Postal Barcodes Florida Baptist Witness Microsoft Word Help 1 July 31st 06 09:31 PM
Barcodes Dig Microsoft Word Help 3 February 28th 06 10:06 PM
How can i put postal barcodes on letters? Kevin Jacobs Mailmerge 1 December 27th 05 08:51 PM
barcodes Dennis Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 03:31 PM
Non- POSTNET barcodes in Word LMD Microsoft Word Help 2 December 12th 04 12:17 AM