Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dfmcse dfmcse is offline

Default Why can I not view past the first page of documents?

I have a system with Office 2003 on it. When I create a new doc I can only
see what is on the first page. Text is flowing off the 1st page on to what
I assume to be a second page but you can not view it. You can type and hit
enter but you can't see it. The status bar at the bottom of the window also
continues to show 1/1 for pages.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does this occur in only one particular document? If yes, then open the
document, and click on Format | Columns | One | Apply to: Whole document
| OK. Even if "One" already appears to be selected, click on it anyway.

Or does this occur in all new documents? If yes, then locate and open
your Normal.dot file as described in Method 1 in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm . Click on
Format | Columns | One | Apply to: Whole document | OK. Even if "One"
already appears to be selected, click on it anyway. Type a character or
two and delete what you just typed. Save the Normal.dot file and close it.

dfmcse wrote:
I have a system with Office 2003 on it. When I create a new doc I can only
see what is on the first page. Text is flowing off the 1st page on to what
I assume to be a second page but you can not view it. You can type and hit
enter but you can't see it. The status bar at the bottom of the window also
continues to show 1/1 for pages.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dfmcse dfmcse is offline

Thank you for the quick reply. The problem happens with any new document.
Interestingly when doing a search for normal.dot it would not be found. I
also did a search for *.dot on c:\ and it still would not pull up. So, I
browsed in explorer to C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates and found it. I attempted to edit and save but it
would not save properly so I blew away both ~$Normal.dot and Normal.dot.
Allowing Office to recreate the Normal.dot from scratch. Now it is working
like it's suppose to, not sure how in the world it got crossed up like that.

Thanks for yoru help garfield-n-odie.