Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trish Trish is offline

Default Word 2003 - Inserting a word document into a word document

Hi, I have some word documents (they are actually just single pages, each
with a table of information) that I would like to insert into another
document. I do not want them inserted as objects, as I wish to be able to
edit the tables in the new document. I don't want to link it to the
original document, as that won't be available (eventually). My problem is
that when I try to copy and paste (which makes the destination editable), I
lose my formatting, especially the line spacing, which pushes it onto an
extra page. However, if I use Paste Special, and insert it as a word
object, it is really being inserted as a graphic and therefore not editable.
Any suggestions? Word 2003. Many thanks. Trish :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 16:19:00 -0700, Trish
wrote:

Hi, I have some word documents (they are actually just single pages, each
with a table of information) that I would like to insert into another
document. I do not want them inserted as objects, as I wish to be able to
edit the tables in the new document. I don't want to link it to the
original document, as that won't be available (eventually). My problem is
that when I try to copy and paste (which makes the destination editable), I
lose my formatting, especially the line spacing, which pushes it onto an
extra page. However, if I use Paste Special, and insert it as a word
object, it is really being inserted as a graphic and therefore not editable.
Any suggestions? Word 2003. Many thanks. Trish :-)

Try using Insert File and selecting the document to insert.

If you're still having trouble with line spacing, it may be because
you have styles with the same name but different definitions in the
source and destination documents. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html for an
explanation.

--