Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trish Trish is offline

Default Word 2003 - Page border

Hi, I am trying to put a page border into my document - the problem is that
the bottom line does not show when I preview or print. I am using A4 size
paper and my page setup shows A4. I have wracked my brain but cannot think
of what the problem is. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Many
thanks. Trish :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe you put the border really close to the edge of the page, and maybe
your printer can't print that close to the edge of the page. Most
printers have some amount of non-printable area along each edge. Inkjet
printers tend to have a larger non-printable area than laser printers.
Try moving the border away from the edge of the page.

Trish wrote:

Hi, I am trying to put a page border into my document - the problem is that
the bottom line does not show when I preview or print. I am using A4 size
paper and my page setup shows A4. I have wracked my brain but cannot think
of what the problem is. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Many
thanks. Trish :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trish Trish is offline

Thanks very much - that worked okay when I changed the setting from paper
edge to text. If I wanted to keep the setting as being from the edge, where
do I put the settings so that I can dictate how far from the paper edge to
place the border? i couldn't see any settings apart from Edge or Text. It
was only the bottom border that had disappeared. Your assistance is
appreciated. Regards. Trish

Trish wrote:

Hi, I am trying to put a page border into my document - the problem is that
the bottom line does not show when I preview or print. I am using A4 size
paper and my page setup shows A4. I have wracked my brain but cannot think
of what the problem is. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Many
thanks. Trish :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The trouble with setting a border location from Edge is that the
largest spacing Word will allow is 31 points, or less than 0.5 inch.
That isn't enough to satisfy most inkjet printers (it's usually ok for
a laser printer).

The article
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm explains
the settings.