Trey

Default Pointing to specific places in a doc using a link

Hi --

I am setting up two word documents that will be linked.

Document A has the clickable links in it and it points to document B.

What I need is to figure out how to get it so that when you click on a
particular link in A -- then it points to an exact part of document B (like
the middle of page 10 or the start of page 20).

And furthermore -- how do you ensure that document B -- after being called
-- pops up in front of document A? What I've noticed is that it pops up
behind doc. A.

I didn't know if the "General Questions" group was the right one to post
this question on. If not -- I'll take suggestions as to which group I should
post to.

Thanks!!

Jay Freedman

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 08:41:07 -0700, "Trey"
wrote:

Hi --

I am setting up two word documents that will be linked.

Document A has the clickable links in it and it points to document B.

What I need is to figure out how to get it so that when you click on a
particular link in A -- then it points to an exact part of document B (like
the middle of page 10 or the start of page 20).

And furthermore -- how do you ensure that document B -- after being called
-- pops up in front of document A? What I've noticed is that it pops up
behind doc. A.

I didn't know if the "General Questions" group was the right one to post
this question on. If not -- I'll take suggestions as to which group I should
post to.

Thanks!!

In document B, insert a bookmark at the point where you want to open
it, and save the document.

In document A, when you use the Insert Hyperlink dialog, choose
document B, and then click the Bookmark button and choose the bookmark
name. This will place the # symbol and the bookmark name at the end of
the URL in the hyperlink.

I've never had any problem with the target document appearing behind
the first one, but as far as I know there's no way to control the
order.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman