andyb

Default Recent problem with Word 2003

For some reason I have recently been having great difficulty with Word 2003.
Whenever it is running, it looses focus and "thinks" (busy hour glass) every
3 to 6 seconds. If it is open but the focus is on another program window, it
steals focus back briefly when it does this.
It is driving me crazy, since every few times it does this it fails to
return focus correctly and it has dumped the text I was typing when it
happened. It also seems to be hitting the hard drive when it does this.

All scans for viruses come up clean, and I have all the updates (for XP SP2
and Office). Auto save is set to every 20 minutes. Is there a background
setting that is triggering this? Has anyone else seen this?

Andy