Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dark hunter

Default locking a page so it can't be altered

I am creating and editing large word documents, sometimes I need to work on
the middle part of the document, or the end of it before the begining. Most
of my documents contain charts or graphics and then I have to go back and
repostion them every time I alter the begining. So is it possible to lock a
page so that it's fromating cannot be altered while working on the pages
before it.

Any help gratefully recieved

Nick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Not sure what you mean by lock. However, formatting the first paragraph of
the page to have a page break before might accomplish what you wish. This is
in the format paragraph dialog.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"dark hunter" wrote in message
I am creating and editing large word documents, sometimes I need to work on
the middle part of the document, or the end of it before the begining.
Most
of my documents contain charts or graphics and then I have to go back and
repostion them every time I alter the begining. So is it possible to lock
page so that it's fromating cannot be altered while working on the pages
before it.

Any help gratefully recieved

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sylvain

If you go to the task pane, hit protect document, check "Allow only
this type of editing in the document:" select "No changes (read-only)",
then you can select part of the document you would like to keep as
"editable". Select everyone in the Exceptions below, and then start
enforcing. You will see that you cannot modify the entire document,
except for those editable regions, the ones in yellow, but u can turn
that off too.

hope that helps,

sylvain.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dark hunter

Thank you for your help much appreciated will try this and the page break
information given by Charles, hopefully between them It will save me hours of
work and frustration. Thank you both

"Sylvain" wrote:

If you go to the task pane, hit protect document, check "Allow only
this type of editing in the document:" select "No changes (read-only)",
then you can select part of the document you would like to keep as
"editable". Select everyone in the Exceptions below, and then start
enforcing. You will see that you cannot modify the entire document,
except for those editable regions, the ones in yellow, but u can turn
that off too.

hope that helps,

sylvain.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

A document created using these features in Word 2003 will be completely
locked in earlier versions of Word.

page setup SP Page Layout 6 November 14th 05 07:08 PM
Page numbers vgardner Microsoft Word Help 5 November 5th 05 04:10 AM
Page numbering and un-numbering Elbert Page Layout 2 July 8th 05 03:33 PM
Print individual page in book fold AnnetteClements Microsoft Word Help 2 July 5th 05 01:18 AM