Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KyleL KyleL is offline

Default Word 2007 crashes when saving OLE object in AutoCAD 2009

There seems to be a bug while using AutoCAD 2009 and Microsoft Office 2007
that I've found, and was wondering if anyone had a solution to it...

Whenever I insert an OLE object into an AutoCAD drawing, it defaults in
Microsoft Word. I can enter all of the text that i want into the word
document, and save it, and it will show up in the AutoCAD drawing. The
problem comes when I close Microsoft Word. Word crashes and brings up a
dialog box asking me if i want to recover my lost documents. The information
in the AutoCAD drawing is still saved, but, it's a hassle to have to recover
my documents every time I edit the OLE object.

(NOTE: This does not happen when using other Office products, only word, and
also does not happen when using AutoCAD 2007)

Anyone know of any solutions?