Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Amedee Van Gasse

exciter shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Anyone who has been using Latex here?
I am a PhD student and I wonder if I should use Latex instead of Word.
Many academics use Latex.
I dont know why but many see an advanatge in using it instead of word.

By the way, do you know any newsgroup regarding latex?

comp.text.latex is a *very* active newsgroup.

Have you ever used LaTeX? It has a rather steep learning curve (don't
get scared - that's relative, ymmv), but once you get to know it, it
doesn't get in the way of being productive like Word sometimes does. ;-)
Escpecially if you are in math or science, you should at least try to
use LaTeX.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.5.7
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?