Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ronald R. Dodge, Jr. Ronald R. Dodge, Jr. is offline

Default Mail Merged Documents NOT Actually Printing ONLY Selected Pages

Windows XP Pro, SP3
MS Word 2002, SP3

After merging the format document and the data source into one document, it
gives the option to either print or go into edit mode. I went into edit
mode just to verify things are right.

Yes, I know within the source list, I could select, but initially thought
since things didn't print out just right for the 2nd page of labels, I would
be able to tell the program to print out only page 2. Here's the symptoms
that I had saw and it took place on multiple computers as well as with
multiple printers with the only commonality being this specific situation of
mail merge no matter which computer the tasks were performed on and no
matter which printer the print job was sent to.

Go to Printer dialog box and select to print only page 2.
Click on OK.
Word shows it being sent to the printer.
Task bar in the tray area shows the printer icon for a short period of time
indicating the print request being carried out.
Go to the printer itself, there is no job going to it at all, thus no
printer out either. No error messages. Just acts like it never received
the job.

Now, if I tell it to print out ALL pages
Click on OK
Word shows it being sent to the printer
Task bar in the tray area shows the printer icon for a short period of time,
though a bit longer cause of more pages
Go to the printer itself, all pages are printed out as requested.

--
Thanks,

Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Production Statistician